Wednesday 20 June 2012

Artistic Outpost Monthly Blog Hop

Yet another month has passed by and here we are again with the monthly blog hop for Artistic Outpost.
This month we are showcasing the fabulous APOTHECARY and GATSBY plates. My altered tin uses the Apothecary plate.
I coloured my tin with ginger Alcohol Ink and then began layering my images inside the tin.  First of all I stamped the large poison bottle which I stamped onto Grungepaper and then coloured with vintage photo Distress Ink.  For added texture and interest I added Clear Rock Candy crackle and then blended more vintage photo into the cracks. The small bottle on the right is from Wendy Vecchi's Embellish Your Art embellishments, again coloured with Alcohol Ink and adding "potion" to the bottle which I inked with black soot Distress Marker as I just wanted this word in particular from the sentiment. I added some spirals of rusty wire to represent a warning bit like barbed wire as in danger!
I added the background receipt stamp to the back of my tin and then added some rusty wire and chicken wire for that WARNING again, bit like you get barbed wire around factories etc (am I making sense LOL!). I also added the wire so that I could achieve different layers within the tin.  I added my gentlemen (the chemist mixing these potions) stamped with black Archival Ink and coloured with vintage photo ink.
I love all the bits and pieces of text and wording you get with this plate, perfect for layering and adding interest.

My fellow Design Team members have created some fabulous pieces, pop along and be inspired along the way.


Artistic Outpost are also holding a fabulous Referral Program, the theme being MASCULINE. Why not pop along HERE for all the details and there is a fabulous prize on offer too.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Enjoy the rest of the week. Tracy x x 

20 comments:

Sandy said...

Tracy what can I say ????
Right.... this is phenomenal.
Wonderful stamping work. I love all the details. xoxo

Barb Cady said...

This is awesome, looks like you could have found it rusting away at the back of some long forgotten shop in Diagon Alley! (Sorry, I'm a Harry Potter fanatic). I'm just finishing off a tin of mints, now that gives me an idea.....! Thanks for the inspiration Tracy! xx

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful collaging, so much to look at - fab!

Annie said...

Hi Tracy ....another amazing piece. I love this style and you do it so well. Very inspirational and thank you for sharing.
: )

Sue said...

Great tin, loves all the layers and the wire!

Suzanne C said...

Brilliant! Wow! Love the layered images in the tin. Perfect for the Apothecary Set.

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this is brilliant oh just love,what you have done,to this tin,its just amazing,love all the layering,so effective hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Gabrielle said...

Wowzers! This is right up my street! Love it lots and I do think you are such a clever lady! x

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh my goodness! That is fabulous. I have that set too (thanks to a previous hop!) and have never seen it used so well. This is really over the top, especially the bottle... LOVE it!

Sandi said...

oh wow, I love this project, hugs

Lori said...

What an awesome tin! I love all the wonderful vintage images, and that bottle is way cool!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You've outdone yourself Tracy! This is one amazing little piece of art! Fabulous design and the vintage feel is extraordinary!!!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is terrific, love it and love those stamps,

Lucy x

Candy C said...

This is so cool!!! I LOVE it! I have that set of stamps!!! WooHoo!!!

<3 Candy

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, what a fabulous tin! Love, love, love it!!

Martina said...

Tracy, this is beautiful and artistic!!! Standing ovation from me:-)

flutterbycrafter said...

This is terrific, love everything about it xx

MaRyKaY said...

wow like I said on the artistic post blog site this is an awesome altered tin. you did a great job using the colors you did and I love each and every element used. great job

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning altred tin, wonderful attention to detail!

Lynn Stevens said...

Saw this on AO and just knew it was yours!!! Awesome. I just can't say enough great things about your art you truly are an inspiration!