Wednesday 27 June 2012

BUTTERFLY GIRL

I was in the need for a liitle colour this week for my Creative Expressions DT piece using the fabulous Butterfly Girl by Sam Poole.
My background has been coloured with the Dylusions ink sprays, I love the bright colour palette.
I stamped the butterfly girl onto white card and then stamped once again onto the Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante paper. The paper determined the colours I used in my background. For added dimension I have included a brass heart along with dream Chitchat sticker.
I stamped the Bubble Wrap image in the background with black Archival Ink adding a few white highlights to lift the image a little.  I cut two hearts from white card using the Mini Hearts die again colouring with the ink sprays, adding some faux stitching to the outside edge. "If I had wings....." is from Sam Poole's Art Sayings stamp set. For a little more interest I added a few splatters using the picket fence Distress Stain.
I love the heart image from the Butterfly Girl stamp set which I added to the bottom of my tag representing flowers, again adding a few white highlights with a white pen.  I also added dimension to a couple of the hearts stamping the image onto the Graphic 45 paper to match her dress.
The small dotty stamp is also from the Butterfly Girl set, I love this background image its a great filler as I refer to them, again I have added white highlights with my white pen.
It was great to use a little colour for a change and it's good to work outside your comfort zone now and then and this creation made me realise I need to use more colour more often, its great fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


19 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Fabulous! You do 'out of your comfort zone' really well!!! I think we have all used the girl this week!

Barb Cady said...

I love the bubblewrap stamp for the background, the heart flowers, the girl stamp and the sayings. The dylusion colours work really well, I love thevway you have used white highlighter. Brilliant piece as usual Tracy! x

Inkypinkycraft said...

You have certainly used the colour amazingly well and made a wonderful tag! Trace x

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is brilliant just love how you have used those papers gosh its effective,hugs Cherylxxxx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...superb Tracy...great blending of colours & inky work, loVe the heart balloon stamps they're cool as is your image & the dylusions inks are something else...fab & funky...Mel :)

Jenny Marples said...

Really special project. Love the colours as they match the papers so well and change the look of Sam's images. Hugs, Buttons x

Helen said...

Love the tag, and well done for finding your colourful self!! I love Dylusion sprays... have nearly the full set now!!

Carol Q said...

Beautiful Tracy. The Graphic 45 paper matches really well.

Lori said...

Wow this is gorgeous Tracy! Love how the colors match the paper, really stunning!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous BG! Love the added paper piecing with the G45 papers!

Sandy said...

Wow Tracy what a colorfest for my eyes.
This pop out.
Amazing Tag. xoxo

Sue said...

This is amazing Tracy, a beautiful colour palate, and I love how you have paper pieced the image x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful! These stamps look fantastic and I love the way you have stamped onto G45 papers

Dragon said...

Wow.. this is yummyliscious Tracey.. I love that paper anyway, but you have used it so well
Frankie
xx

hazel said...

A wonderful tag Tracy, the colours are fabulous and I love how you've used the stamps.
xxx Hazel.

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW so many cool things to look at!!!
Your an inspiration to us all.
hugs Lynn

Anonymous said...

this is so completely pretty!

Paula Whittaker said...

loving the colours

Suzanne C said...

She looks so different from your other piece and just as lovely! Love the bright colors and your heart flowers!