Friday 1 June 2012

Come Fly With Me

The June Referral Theme over at Artistic Outpost is MASCULINE and I decided to showcase the Charles and Amelia plate.
I decided to create a real masculine/industrial piece this month using Tim's Riveted Patchwork technique from the Compendium of Curiosities Volume ll and I absolutely love the finish, perfect for the men in your life and any steampunk creations.
I have added the fabulous image from Artistic Outpost to a large bottle cap which I have coloured with Alcohol Inks ginger and pitch black. My image has been aged with vintage photo Distress Ink.  I have added FLY to add to my adventurous piece along with Fly Around World again coloured with vintage photo ink.
I have added cogs to the top of my chunky ATC cut from metal foil tape and added to card for some stability and then coloured with Alcohol Ink and distressed with steel wool. FLY has been added along with some nails, yes I actually used a hammer and some nails, the only time I will use my husband's tools lol. I love the nails added to this piece as it adds to that industrial feel.

From this angle you can see the fabulous effect you can achive with the metal.  I also added a lightbulb to the top of my ATC for added interest and dimension.
I love this sentiment from the Charles and Amelia plate, perfect for an adventurous/industrial creation along with some mini sprockets.
Another sentiment from the same plate, cut up and coloured with Distress Ink. I did not want to overcrowd the ATC so that you can still see plenty of the fabulous textural metal.
The other side of my ATC has yet another of the fabulous images from the plate along with mini sprocket and film strip with 'Adventure' stamped onto the ribbon with Archival Ink.

We would love to see your MASCULINE creations over at Artistic Oupost.  Link your pieces HERE.

I would also like to enter this piece into The Stampman Challenge which this time around is  "Make It For A Man".

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, much appreciated. Tracy x x

18 comments:

Netty said...

wow Tracy you have created a masterpiece, so fabulous. Annette x

Paula Whittaker said...

fab project Tracy

Barb Cady said...

I'm speechless! Magnifico, I must try out this technique, this is amazing. xx

Sandy said...

O M G !!!!
Tracy this knock me out my socks.
Your work rock.
Absolutely stunning.

Have a very creative weekend my friend. xoxo

Shelly Hickox said...

Very cool! That technique is perfect with those stamps!!

TonyR said...

i just love this to bits!!
the metal plate effect is one of my new favourites!
xx tony

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Tracy
Incredible use of that stamp set and I love the rivet technique - this is new to me.
Wishes
Lynne

flutterbycrafter said...

What a stunning creation, I don't know where you get your inspiration from, wonderful xx

Jolanda said...

Wow! this is an amazing piece of work - I love it!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Holy Cow WOW!!!! Amazing Tracy...truly!

Siobhan Fyffe said...

My goodness Tracy, this is just fantastic. The riveted patchwork technique is really clever. You never cease to amaze me with your creative talent!!
Siobhan x

Kim Dellow said...

WOW Tracy! Just LOVE, what a wonderful piece all the fab details. Kim

hazel said...

Wow Tracy, this is amazing.
xxx Hazel.

Brenda Brown said...

Such an inspirational piece Tracy, love your ideas and the way you put things together.
Thanks for sharing this at the Stamp Man challenge this fortnight.
hugs {brenda} xox

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fantastic! Those stamps are really great.

Suzanne C said...

Love Love Love your chunky atc's! It is always like a mini art gallery where you get to walk from room to room and see the beautiful artwork!

Lynn Stevens said...

Totally blew me away!!!!! LOVE!

Gillian .... said...

Awesome work Tracy, must add this stamp set to my wish list. x