Sunday 24 June 2012

DREAMS

I decided to get a little creative with the fabulous VINTAGE set by TJ Designs from The Stamp Attic.
The background was created using one of the new Distress Ink colours salty ocean mixed with a little vintage photo.  I applied the colours to my non stick craft sheet, spritzed with water and mopped up the ink with my card, drying each application and then repeating the process until I was happy with the coverage. I then machine stitched my background onto a piece of vintage ink coloured card.
I stamped the DREAMER image with black Archival Ink onto white card and coloured with vintage photo Distress Ink to give that vintage feel. I then backed my image onto a piece of card from the Lost and Found Paper Stash, tearing the bottom edge to give that aged feel. For added dimension I added a Word Band, coloured with a little Alcohol Ink to blend with my piece, adding a little Idea-ology Foliage for added interest.
I added a piece of Film Strip Ribbon secured in place with a fastener, adding YESTERDAY to the top, stamped onto white card and coloured with vintage photo ink. For the WOW factor I added one of the fabulous Wendy Vecchi Embellish Your Art pieces adding a Chitchat sticker to the top. To give a little more of a vintage feel I included some of the fabulous new Ribbons which I stitched into place using my sewing machine.
I also included two hearts cut using the Mini Hearts Set, colouring with salty ocean ink, adding vintage photo to the edges of each heart. To give a little more interest to the hearts I added the stamped crown from the Vintage set of stamps.  To complete, I added an Adage Ticket (DREAM), coloured once again with vintage photo ink to the top corner along with a second Chitchat sticker to my DREAMER image.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy your Sunday. Tracy x x





21 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

This is SOOOO up my street! Love the level of coverage on the background and your balance of elements. Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

Sandy said...

Oh what a darling stamp.
This card is a dream Tracy.
Colors and stamps harmony. Love this. xoxo

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...BEAUTiful work Tracy, that inky background is to die for, the blue & brown are a perfect marriage of colours and make this card even more gorgeous, loVe the luminosity hearts, the tickets the photo tape, adore the flower button, you are one clever & inspiring lady I so loVe your makes...Mel :)

Mandy Chilvers said...

wow Tracy this is stunning!

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is simply stunning love the colours,and the dimension is just first class love it hugs Cherylxxxxx

Paula Whittaker said...

love that dreamer stamp and the colour (one of my faves too)

Carol Q said...

just lurvely Tracy. some gorgeous embellishments and a great Distress background. Those new TH inks are my favourite colours yet.

Martina said...

Tracy, I love your style and the color combination. Beautifully done, and very artistic as well!
I love, love, love your work!!!!!

Sandi said...

the colors on this are divine, beautiful card, hugs

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS... LOVE the elements and the EYA button is just totes-amazeballs isn't it.. .love how you used it... hope all is goodly with you hun x

Gillian .... said...

Awesome Tracy, loving this colour combo, need to get mine open:) x

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is such a yummy colour combination and I lve it!! Stunning creation! Hugs trace x

Unknown said...

wow this is gorgeous! that blue is beautiful

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous is right! Love the blue hues with the neutrals. The filmstrip and the details are fantastic.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fantabulous!!!! The color, the many elements, especially the flower, the stitching, the images....all fantabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the colours and stamps

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So wonderful, I'm missing words.

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh....I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Tracy!!
Jan x

hazel said...

I love this lots Tracy. The colour is fabulous and so is everything else.
xxx Hazel.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

WOW! This is absolutely stunning. I love the gorgeous colour and image, the film strip and and the flower are all beautiful, LOVE it
Lindsay xx

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh I have got to case this one. Is that o.k? Your art is OUTSTANDING!!!
hugs Lynn