Tuesday 12 June 2012

Embossing Galore!

I thought I would show you a couple of samples I made for Sheena's shows which have been on Create and Craft yesterday and today showcasing her new Embossing Folders.
This first card uses the embossing folders on acetate and colouring with a little Alcohol Ink.
I created the floral using Sheena's Rose Bloom which is not only for Paint Fusion but also makes a fabulous dimensional flower/rose.  I also embossed the heart in the background which I cut from Core'dinations card and sanded. Bon Anniversaire! is from Sheena's French 50's Cafe set.
I'ts very difficult to get a detailed picture of the embossing on the background but hopefully you can just spot it in this picture.  In real life the embossing is so deep it's fabulous.
A second of Sheena's Embossing Folders, this time around I applied Distress Ink direct to the folder and then embossed the card hence the white leaves and the colour in the background.  I then embossed two leaves and as the embossing is so deep they are so easy to cut out individually.  I also added a little shimmer to my leaves with the Solar Gold Shimmering Mist.  Alpha parts used for LEAF add a little further dimension.
 My last sample for today is using the leaves once again but this time on metal and sanding the raised areas, spritzing with a little solar gold Shimmering Mist.
The dimensional leaves were also cut from metal, coloured with Alcohol Ink and then sanded back to give a grungy industrial look.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x





16 comments:

lisa said...

I admired your embossed cards on Sheena's shows, Tracey. They are absolutely gorgeous. I love all the techniques you've used and will have to try them myself.
Hugs Lisax

cheryl said...

oh Hun,you know how much love your work and loved seeing

them on the show,you are so talented and your detail is just fantastic hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Chris Arlington said...

Spectacular ! really love your rose too.
Chris

...the yorkshire fox... said...

..these new folders show great texture & will be very versatile, super work Tracy...Mel :)
Sorry I missed the show I didn't realise it was on :(

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful cards, Tracy! Love the embossing and the colours are gorgeous. Stunning rose! xx

Barb Cady said...

fabulous cards Tracy, I especially love the colour and texture of the last one, they must have gone like hot cakes on the shows! xx

Carol Q said...

stunning creations Tracy. really love the first one.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful creations.....I especially love the leaves:

Sandy said...

Wow I´ve missed my words.
This is brilliant.
Stunning pieces of art Tracy. xoxo

JansArtyJunk said...

Gorgeous cards, Tracy! Love the embossing and the colours and textures are stunning. Jan x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love all these samples...devine embossing is right!

Brenda Brown said...

Your samples are out of this world Tracy. Superb and creative uses for the folders and wonderful designs.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards - love the embossing folders!

Sandi said...

both are stunning, hugs

Lynn Stevens said...

Love Love Love the leaves!

hazel said...

Stunning cards Tracy, great design and the colours are lovely.
xxx Hazel.