Thursday 14 June 2012

If I Had Wings

I'm really enjoying decorating these huge tags at the moment and decided to decorate one using the fabulous Art Sayings and Birds A5 stamp sets by Sam Poole from Creative Expressions.
I stamped my background with text using black Archival Ink, dried with a heat gun and then stamped the bird images with a VersaMark stamp pad and embossed with clear embossing powder, then adding broken china Distress Ink, with a little faded jeans to the edges.
I cut two hearts from white card, stamped my images with black archival and coloured with broken china ink, matt and layering each heart onto a second heart coloured with vintage photo Distress Ink and distressed along the edges.
"If I had wings" is from Sam Poole's Art Sayings set again stamped onto white card and coloured with a little broken china ink.  I also added a coordinated ribbon to the top of my tag along with the bird postage stamp from the Birds plate.
I repeated the sentiment and added to the bottom of my card.  You can also see the resist technique much better in this picture.
For added dimension I also added one of the fabulous Wendy Vecchi Embellish Your Art embellishments.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x

16 comments:

Sandi said...

this is gorgeous, so etheral, love love the blues, hugs

flutterbycrafter said...

Totally gorgeous xx

Helen said...

I love this, the text background is fabulous. Wonderful layers.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Gorgeous stamping on your outsize tag and I really like the added dimension.
Wishes
Lynne

Carol Q said...

what a beautiful layout Tracy. love your background

Emma Williams said...

Totally and utterly gorgeous!! You've used my favourite combination of colours and created something just...stunning!!
Love Emma xx

suzieq23 said...

Hi Tracy, I just love, love, love your creations! and....thank you for introducing me to Sam Poole. I am not able to purhase from Creative Expressions for some reason but Sam has her own site from which to purchase her stamps. Thanks for all your inspiration.

Sandy said...

So so beautiful work again Tracy.
Love them.

Have a wonderful weekend my friend. xoxo

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is stunning just love that background you have created,amazing hugs Cherylxxxxx

Gaby Bee said...

Your tags are always a feast for the eyes! Love the background of this one! Beautifully done!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Gaby

TonyR said...

quite stunning.... just beautiful colours .. blue and brown are perfect partners.
your techniques and style are such and inspiration
xx tony

Renee said...

I love the way this turned out. How do you do bows like that?

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So stunning and elegant is this tag! I love the blue here...the shade is antiqued looking and really adds to the punch of this tag! What a beautiful design Tracy!

Lori said...

Beautiful tag Tracy! Love the colors!

Lynn Stevens said...

Honestly I don't know how you do it all. Everything you touch turns to gold, each one more breathtaking than the next!
hugs Lynn

hazel said...

A beautiful tag, I love the colours and what you've done with the stamps.
xxx Hazel.