Sunday 17 June 2012

MEMORIES

I thought I would try my hand at Tim's tag for June this time around using an image of  me when I was around 4 years old. All the products I've used are available from The Stamp Attic.
I did my background a little differently to Tim's and used one of the NEW Distress Ink colours salty ocean which I have to say is a gorgeous colour.  I applied my ink to my non stick craft sheet along with picket fence Distress Stain and swiped my tag through the ink and dried with my heat tool.  I repeated this process until I was happy with the coverage and then spritzed with a little water. I also used a different stamp in the background to Tim, I decided on the numerals from Wendy's Art Parts stamp set as I thought this was perfect as this tag showcases me at the age of 4.
Yet again I improvised with my colouring and used fired brick Distress Marker which worked rather well for tinting my photograph. I then added my photo to a piece of paper from the Lost and Found Paper Stash, ageing with a little vintage photo ink and distressing the edges with the Paper Distresser.
As this picture features me when I was four I thought I would add one of the large Numerals fastened with long fasteners to secure. Like Tim I also added a Word Band coloured with a little snow cap Paint Dabber. I also love how the Pen Nibs have words engraved and this one has memoirs added.
For further interest and texture I also added some of the fabulous NEW ribbon that Wendy has in stock, really adds to that vintage feel.
As with Tim's tag I have added the leaves from the Idea-ology Foliage to one of the flowers from the Lavish Trimmings coloured with the new salty ocean ink.
Film Strip Ribbon has been added to the top of the photograph secured in place with a Gem Clip and for added dimension I also included PHOTO added to jump rings adhered with Glossy Accents.
Attached to my photograph is a File Tab again with the number 4 added and for further interest a small star has been added from the Adornments Charms attached with a jump ring. To add to the vintage feel of the tag I also blended a little vintage photo ink along the edges of my tag.
Wendy normally has the samples I complete for the shop, mmmm wonder whether she will really want this one with my little face staring back at her lol!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x




20 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow now aren't you a sweetie pie! Love this colour combo...looks fabulous Tracy.

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

OOooohhh Tracy this tag looks beautiful!! I love that you´ve worked with a old photo of YOURSELF! How cool is that!! There are a lot of beautiful little details and that new salty ocean color looks wonderful.

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...super take on Tim's...loVe the colourway you've chosen & an adorable piccy of you too...beautiful creative loVeliness as always Tracy...Mel :)

Paula Whittaker said...

cute photo...and fab tag!

cheryl said...

oh how super cute were you Hun,and as for the tag well wow and more wow,its stunning love the numbers,and just love the colours brilliant hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

Sue said...

What a cute little face:)

Barb Cady said...

Brilliant example of Tims tag Tracy, you look so cute! Should imagine Wendy would love it in the shop! I'm off to play with my new distress now, love that blue. xx

Sandy said...

OMG Tracy this is devine.
Ans absolutely dream you´ve made. Love the girl. Absolutely perfect. xoxo

flutterbycrafter said...

Such a wonderful tag, love all the embellishments and the photo of you, aw cute, 've just been using the new DI colours, fab aren't they xx

Alexandra said...

Great tag Tracy, you were a cute wee girl. Love the colour combo.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

SO cute and a wonderful tag.
Great embellishments.
Wishes
Lynne

pooky said...

Gorgeous tag Tracy!!! The colors are perfect!!! What a cutie-patootie you are:)
♥Bev

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous tag Tracy, love the colours and techniques and your brilliant photo will be a great addition to the shop.
hugs {brenda] xox

Annie said...

Hi Tracy I love your take on tim's tag. The colours are brilliant and your photo so cute. Fab embellies too. TFS x

Gez Butterworth said...

Love, love, love your tag Tracy ♥♥

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic! Love the sweet image of you at 4! Beautiful details!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a cutie pie! Love your tag, the colors, and all the embellies.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You are gorgeous!!! And so is this tag...absolutely darling...love this blue as well!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic tag, great details.

sally said...

Love your June tag & the use of the new summer colour!