Friday 8 June 2012

What I Make With My Hands I Give With My Heart

I've decorated a huge tag for this weeks DT creation using Sam Poole's Art Sayings and Wendy Vecchi's Love To Make Art stamp set from Creative Expressions.
I am loving these huge gift tags, so much more room to get inky.  I stamped my background with Wendy's background stamp using coffee Archival Ink.
The leaves were stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then applied broken china and faded jeans ink over the top, I love how the embossing resists the Distress Ink. I cut a heart from the bottom of my tag using Tim's mini hearts die and then took the cut out heart, coloured with faded jeans and vintage photo ink and placed back into the aperture. A second heart was cut from card and the same background technique applied as with my tag. With love was added from Sam Poole's Art Sayings, stamped with Archival Ink and sponged with broken china ink.
The large heart was stamped onto manilla card stock and sponged with broken china ink and I then applied a couple of layers of clear embossing powder to give a tile like finish.  Rusty wire was wrapped around the heart for added dimension.  Always Dream Big is again from Sam Poole's Art Sayings.  An Idea-Ology Philosophy Tag was added attaching with a jump ring. For extra dimension I also added two of Wendy's cream heart embellishments along with yet another sentiment from Art Sayings.

Creative Expressions also have a new NEWS BLOG where you can view the latest news and new products along with links to all their designers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy x x

20 comments:

Helen said...

Just stunning! I love that heart of Wendy's so much. Your colours are great today!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
The background layers and dimension on the tag are wonderful.
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

This is a wonderful tag Tracy, love the colours and the hearts.
xxx Hazel.

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and that resist background is fabulous!

TonyR said...

i 'heart' this a lot!!

love the cut-out heart effect and the colours are gorgeous!
xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Stunning!! love the colours they are a fab combination and I have just ordered these Wendy stamps!!! Wow, hugs trace. X

Martina said...

I've already admiring this magnificent tag on Facebook! It just looks fantastic, Tracy! Love it!

Sarah said...

A whole week of total inky loveliness Tracy. So many great creations with your original colours, takes and techniques... this Wendy tag is just fabulous but I'm also loving the Tim tag below! Well done you on getting all of CC done - you will have a brilliant library of tags to inspire you. Thanks for calling by...just pottering around and constantly cleaning up - behaving like a right old Mrs. Blackbird...

Gerri Herbst said...

Breath taking my dear. I do adore this heart tag today! take care, gerri

Gaby Bee said...

It’s always a pleasure seeing what you are up to. Both your latest tags are amazing, Tracy! I always adore your color choices and your attention to detail and composition.
Very inspiring!!

Have a lovely weekend!
LG Gaby

Sandy said...

You´ve made another dream my dear Tracy. This Tag is fantastic. The colors are great.

Have a lovely weekend my friend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my.....love it!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Tracy, this is fabulous! I love the newsprint image on top of everything. This is a fabulous design!

pooky said...

Awsome!!! Love your tag and the colors, Tracy!
Have a fun weekend:)
♥Bev

G Peplow said...

Brilliant! That heart is so retro with such gorgeous colour, love the whole tag, xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully made and put together Tracy - just love the colouring.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

What yummy resist! Love the neutrals, browns and blue together!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful use of the resist - love the colors!

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous tag- love the sentiment and colors!