Friday 14 December 2012

INVISIBLE CROWN

I've been using the If The Crown Fits stamp plate from Creative Expressions to create another classy card.

I've really enjoyed working with black and white for this stamp set, a move away from my usual grungy style.
I began by stamping the background with the ornate key stamp using black archival ink.
I then added a heart tin and then stamped the sentiment onto a heart shaped piece of card, adding faux stitching around the edge and an ornate key charm to the bottom to echo the keys in my background.  I stamped the ornate crown above my heart.
As I was using the sentiment "Always act like you are wearing an invisible crown" I thought it would be fun to use acetate to act as that invisible element.
This picture shows the dimension the acetate adds to my card.

I added more faux stitching to my decorative piece and then added the acetate to the outside to give wonderful dimension and interest to my card.  I then added layers of coordinated card.
I really love the acetate element, although it was a little difficult to photograph.  You can just make out the sentiment on this picture.  I also added a few crystal gems to my crown for added dimension and a touch of bling, no crown is complete without a touch of bling!
I thought the sentiment was perfect for my heart shaped tin and this was the inspiration for my creation.
I added a wooden heart coloured with black soot Distress Ink adding silver Paint Dabber to the edges along with some black and white Bakers Twine for further interest. A pewter crown charm has been added to the top of my heart to echo my stamped crown.
If you are looking for more inspiration there is also a FREE card project from Sue Wilson on the Creative Expressions Blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

10 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

Another great make, love the colours you have used..the heart shaped tin is fab!! Great use of acetate too! trace. X

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card.

Michelle Webb said...

Brilliant idea Tracy with the acetate, love that. You've inspired me yet again with the mono tone colours. Which I have to do for a DT piece. So thanks a million, you're very good at that. Love the heart, its awesome. Michelle x

Words and Pictures said...

Inspired use of the heart tin, and the dimension from the acetate is just fabulous! So stylish...
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Incredible use of dimension from the heart shaped tin and also the acetate. So clever the use of the acetate.
WOW
Wishes
Lynne

lilygee said...

This is lovely - beautifully classic - it's a bit like the project I have just completed Trace
Jean x

Redanne said...

I think acetate is much underused in card making so it is lovely to see it used in such a stylish and innovative way.

Alison said...

Gorgeous card Tracy, I love the acetate layer, & the tin heart!
Alison xx

Gillian .... said...

Gorgeous card Tracy, love the dimensional heart centre and the use of acetate for the invisible element is brilliant. x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful and elegant! Love the sheet of acetate over the hear tin!