Thursday 13 December 2012

She Makes Her Own Way

I am really enjoying my creative journey at the moment, and I have really enjoyed using the newly released Cowgirl Strength plate from Artistic Outpost.

My inspiration for this piece began with the star on her dress, which inspired my whole piece. I knew I wanted to use stars in my creation.  I also knew that I wanted a faux leather kind of look in the background too. I began with the large wooden star which I coloured with brushed corduroy and vintage photo Distress Inks and then added the print to the top with black archival ink.
I then began to decorate a piece of Glassine paper, which I spritzed with Ranger Ink Refressher, its a fantastic product when used with Glassine. Simply spritz and then crumple your paper, the more you work it the softer and more material like it seems to get.  Once dry I added a little antiqued bronze Distress Stain to the raised areas for definition. I then added this piece to coordinated brown Bazzill card stock.
I added two tiny brass stars to opposite corners along with natural twine and smaller wooden stars. I really love the natural feel to this piece.  I coloured my image with Distress Markers and added some brass studs and star to her dress for added dimension.  The fantastic sentiment "She Makes Her Own Way" completes my piece.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

13 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, love the textures.

Sue said...

Yeehaa!

Michelle Webb said...

Awesome Tracy, I', always looking for new ideas for using the glassine paper, and this is brilliant. Great card, the stars are brill too. Michelle x

May said...

Gorgeous card, Love all the texture.. Love how you have used the stars... Brilliant! Hugs May x x x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love your fabulous rustic feel to the background!, wonderful.trace x

Emma Williams said...

Stunning card, as always and I love all the textures and detail that you've included on it...just fab!!!

Hope you're feeling a little better and things are improving for you...I've been thinking of you!!
Love Emma xxx

Sue said...

Wonderful use of the glassine paper Tracy, and all the different textures look fabulous xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous creation, love the Wild West theme.

JansArtyJunk said...

Another fabby card Tracy...the glassine paper makes a wonderful background for your cowgirl theme. x

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic, textured background, rough and ready, and so cool with the twine! Your stars are fabulous, and I love the cowgirl image. I'm really enjoying your creative journey too!!
Alison xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I never even thought about using glassine with Ink Refresher...brilliant move! The background is fantastic! Love the star too!

Redanne said...

That Refresher Spray certainly has made that background look fantastic and does give the appearance of fabric. A beautiful card, love the cowgirl and the stars. Hugs, Anne x

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic background texture and you know I love the stars with this cowgirl. Fab rustic card!