Sunday 2 December 2012

Winter Trees

I decided on a rustic natural looking card this week for my DT creation for 100 Proof Press using the SPRUCE stamp.
I stamped the trees with black archival and blended a little brushed corduroy and vintage photo ink around the edges.
I added the wording TREE and WINTER using alpha parts, I love the dimension and texture they add.  I also added tree using a chitchat sticker.
To add to the rustic feel of this card I added three leaves cut using the Tattered Leaves die, colouring with brushed corduroy and vintage photo inks and adding text to each leaf for added interest. I also added natural twine and button.
I also added a SPRUCE to the inside of my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

14 comments:

Helen said...

This looks fabulous - I particularly love the tattered leaves.

sally said...

Christmas without glitz - what a lovely nice change from all the glitter! It's only the 2nd & I feel "glittered" out :-)

Sally

TonyR said...

beautiful card tracy.
love these colours and perfect for this time of year
xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

A gorgeous make, love the natural feel and those leaves are yummy!!!trace x

Sue said...

Lovely Wintery feel to this:)

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Tracy! I really like your card. An unassuming color scheme that draws you in. Every detail adds so much to the overall design. Bravo! Best wishes, Yvonne

Lynn Stevens said...

Only YOU can make stamped trees look this good! Beautiful.
hugs lynn

Words and Pictures said...

Completely gorgeous, Tracy! That tree stamp is absolutely lovely, and you've made it look sensational here! I love the texty leaves (of course) and yummy Alphaparts, and the twine bows and button finish it perfectly. This one really sings to me!
Alison x

Redanne said...

Beautiful card Tracy, the trees look beautiful and I love the leaves and the twine, there is something very earthy about it all and I love that. Hugs, Anne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card, looks wonderful.

Suzanne C said...

Love these Christmas trees! Gorgeous card. The leaves with twine are perfect accent!

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous.
The stamping takes centre stage but you always add just the most perfect touches to your cards.
Wishes
Lynne

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Tracy.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful monochromatic piece, love those trees!