Saturday 26 January 2013

OWL

I've been using the fabulous SHARP OWL once again from 100 Proof Press to create this weeks card.

I created the background using broken china and victorian velvet Distress Ink, applying the inks to my non-stick craft sheet, spritzing with water and then mopping up the colour with my card. I added faux stitching around the outside edge for further interest.
I cut a circle from white card using a Spellbinders die and then coloured with victorian velvet ink and added faux stitching to echo the stitching on my card. I stamped the owl onto an inked piece of card stock and cut out and adhered to the circle. I also stamped the SHARP OWL onto shrink plastic and added him to the body of the large owl adding a coordinated button and thread.
From this picture you can see the fabulous dimension the shrink plastic piece adds and the inked background on the owl.
I stamped OWL onto coloured card, cut out and added to the card front along with two coordinated buttons.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend.

Tracy x x x

9 comments:

ria gall said...

this is one cute and funky owl love the colours and the shrink plastic
Ria

Michelle said...

I love these colors together and I love the little owl too. Fabulous!

Annie said...

Fabulous Background Tracy and the owl is so cute. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous piece
Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

Such an unusual colour combo to find here - but it works beautifully. Love your layered owls!
Alison x

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great owl and love how you have made him look so different here! trace x

Redanne said...

Hi Tracy, I adore all the pieces you make with this owl, he is so versatile - he would be so cute for Valentine's Day saying 'owl always love you'. He is one gorgeous owl. Hugs, Anne x

Martina said...

Stunning work, dear Tracy! Love your owl-creation!

Carole Z said...

Tracey, this is stunning... Love this owl & your creations... Carole Z x

Suzanne C said...

This is so fun! Love the layered owls and the pretty colors that you used. Wonderful!