Wednesday 27 March 2013

Mixed Media Canvas

Sheena Douglass is back on Create and Craft again this Saturday at 11am, 3pm and 7pm, showcasing some fabulous new products. Sheena will be encouraging us to create home decor pieces and mixed media art pieces. This is one not to be missed, shows full of art techniques, the next progressive step for stampers.
I decorated a canvas using products that will be on the show.
I began my canvas by adding lots of textural items, doilies, hessian, book pages and gel.
The canvas was then painted with Gesso.
I love texture in my pieces, they give wonderful interest, dimension and create a very tactile canvas.
I then added a wash of colour and once each layer was dry I would repeat the process.
I added a few lilies using Sheena's A Little Bit Floral range, these area actually created from tissues, creating a paper cast of the lily. I then coloured with paint and gilding wax.
I love the texture and patterns from the painted doily. Tranquil was also stamped around my canvas using black Archival Ink.
I also stamped the crackle background from Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy stamps onto the canvas using coffee Archival Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be back with more samples I created for Sheena's shows at the end of the week. Tracy x x

15 comments:

Diane said...

This is great, Tracy and so good to see how you arrived at the final result!
Diane xx

Fiona C said...

Like the idea of a tissue paper cast of the lilies and great to see how the canvas evolved xxx

Paula Whittaker said...

you've created a fabulous canvas with lots of interesting texture....will look forward to seeing the shows, and catching a glimpse of your creations x

Kate Yetter said...

Awesome canvas, Tracy. The texture from the lilly is really neat. It would be interestingto see you do this. I hope I can watch these shows online. How fun for you to be on TV!
Kate

lisa said...

I love all the texture you've created with this, Tracy and those butterflies are great. Can't wait to see the rest of the samples.
Hugs Lisax

Lori said...

Ooo....gorgeous! Love those lilies, really cool! The texture and colors are fabulous!

Monique said...

This is gorgeous, love the flowers and all the texture that's going on.
Monique xx

dena ann said...

This is so aged and gorgeous - thanks for dropping by my blog, I'm glad to have found yours!

Redanne said...

Your canvas is so full of lovely texture and I love the colour, very vintage looking and I really like the idea of making a cast with tissue, must try that technique. Look forward to seeing more of your wonderful samples on the shows. Hugs, Anne x

Barb Cady said...

This makes me wish I could stroke the canvas! The show sounds inspiring and your canvas will help promote this. Happy Easter Tracy. X

Anonymous said...

What a cool piece!!! Love all your texture on this...and the flowers are WONDERFUL!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous! Love all the step-outs and seeing where the texture began.

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is a gorgeous piece of art. It looks so touchable...fabulous texture. I'm so happy to learn how you did that. Thanks for the step-out photos and explanation. The layers of colour are so rich. Amazing flowers...just WoW!

Words and Pictures said...

What a stunning canvas, Tracy - those layers of texture create such detailed depth and interest, and the gilding is beautiful!
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful canvas Tracy, live the bright zingy colours and fabulous textures.
Hugs Brenda xox