Monday 18 August 2014

Happy Christmas

I have been using one of my favourite Christmas stamp sets today, SNOWY WOODS from Artistic Outpost.

To create the background I die cut an oval from white card, placed the oval piece into the cenre of the card and then brayered over the oval with Broken China and touches of Fired Brick Distress Paint.
I stamped my focal image with Potting Soil Archival Ink and I also added a touch of shading to the oval using Broken China Distress Ink. I also included a banner stamped with Happy Christmas from the same plate.
25 has been added using Alpha Parts, colouring with a touch of wax to highlight. I also included some background stamping using the stamp from the GENERATION REDUX plate.
I also included a large poinsettia die cut from Clearly For Art Film which I coloured with Alcohol Inks. I also added a small tag stamped with 'DEC'.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



8 comments:

Shirley said...

I do admire people who make their Christmas cards early especially one as pretty as this Tracy. I am one of those last minute people.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Anonymous said...

Morning Tracy. What a gorgeous card. I love the image and the flower is just beautiful. x

Mary Elizabeth said...

Ok ... I am feeling the urge to start Christmas in August as well. Love your card. The brayered background is such a great way to frame your vintage image. Wonderful card! -- Mary Elizabeth

massofhair said...

Spectacular poinsettia, i might try using thick acetate to see if it will work. A sensational and spectacular card :-) xxx

Redanne said...

A truly stunning card, love, love that glorious poinsettia and the cool blues in the background. I think this might be my favourite Father Christmas image too! Anne xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Tracy, I love your vibrant poinsettia - fabulous card xx

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely the best Christmas set out there! Great card.
Alison xx

barbarayaya62 said...

Tracy this piece is fabulous! I love red/blue contrast and your flower is stunning! Hugs BArbarayaya