Friday 9 January 2015

You Are The Hero In Your Own Story

Where has the time gone! I cannot believe we are on the 9th January already and it's time for my weekly post for Artistic Outpost.
Today I am using the fabulous Paperboy stamp set, it was great to break away from Christmas makes and enjoy something a little different. The background has been creating using the Alcohol Ink Splatter Technique using Alcohol Inks Pesto and Ginger.
I cut a panel from white card and coloured the background with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink flicking the background with water to add blotches to add further to the aged feel, I also distressed the edges and tore areas and again applied more Distress Ink to the edges. I added a pen nib aged with Alcohol Inks along with the sentiment "you are the hero in your own story". I also included a further layer adding stencilled letters to the background and tucking this layer behind the focal image.
I found an old newspaper which I cut up and tied with natural twine and also added Remnant Rubs for a further layer of interest.
I love the splatters of colour in the background and the fact the stencilling is still visible as a further layer. I included more Remnant Rubs to add yet another layer to my design.
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Tracy x x x 



9 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

This is smashing, I love all the detail, the distressed and aged effect looks awesome. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Carol said...

Love it especially the wee newspaper xx
GORGEOUS

Pamellia said...

Fabulous card Tracy! Love that paperboy stamp and your alcohol ink background is fantastic! Another amazing card! hugs and smiles :)

Denise Fletcher said...

Fabulous as per, Mrs E!!!

Dorthe said...

It is gorgeous, Tracy, and a beautiful surprice with the rust and green colours !!Also wonderful qoutes you choosed, for your fantastic art piece.
Hugs, Dorthe

Redanne said...

Beautiful card and wonderful background Tracy and I love how you did the fantastic little newspaper! Hugs, Anne xx

Meihsia Liu said...

This card is gorgeous, Tracy. The colors are so beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

You're telling me, Tracy! :) Where has the time gone? ;)
Just love this card and your alcohol ink splatter background--I love splattered backgrounds :)
XOXO-Shari

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I ADORE this Tracy! From the Alcohol Ink Technique to the layers of paper and stamps, just wonderful!