Wednesday 4 March 2015

Artistic Outpost Product Focus - Flowers/Gardening

Artistic Outpost is now having a monthly feature known as Product Focus and this month we are focusing on Flowers/Gardening and all the stamps in the Flowers/Gardening category are all on sale up until 7th March and you can find them all HERE.
I am showcasing the fabulous SERENITY stamp set , I love the foliage, flowers and birds on this set and I thought this focal image fitted the theme perfectly.
I decorated the background with Distress Paints Cracked Pistachio and Gathered Twigs, I love these two colours together. I added drops of the paint to a non-stick craft sheet, spritzed with water and then picked up the beads of colour with my card and then dried with a heat tool, and then repeated the process until I was happy with the coverage.
I stamped the focal image with Black Archival Ink and stamped a few of the delicate flowers from the stamp set, cut them out and then added to my background, adding beads to the centre for added interest.
I am now thinking more and more about Spring and looking forward to the longer days and spending more time in my garden, this focal image really reminds me of my garden.
The letters were die cut from mountboard, coloured with Potting Soil Archival Ink and I then added Tree Branch embossing powder to the top to give an aged feel.

My fellow team members have also created projects to inspire you further and focus on more of the wonderful range of stamp sets available.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x 


7 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous background, it really sets off the beautiful Serenity stamps!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Tracy!! Love that background, I think a tutorial might be in order for that! Love the greens and browns together, fabulous stamp choices too! hugs :)

massofhair said...

Fantastic background and a wonderful colour palette :-) xxx

Redanne said...

The Serendipity set is certainly beautiful Tracy - I love the way the flowers come out from behind the hearts and the word FLY - the colours you used are beautiful too! Hugs, Anne xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, Tracy! Love the colorful background!

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeously layered creation. Loving the enamel effect on the lettering here and on your magnificent ATB above.
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

The puddled DP background shows off your stamping sublimely here Tracy. Jenny x