- Die cut cogs from thick card using Tim Holtz Gadget Gears Die and adhere to the canvas.
- Apply a coat of DecoArt Media Crackle Paste with a palette knife,remembering to apply around the edges too and then set aside to dry completely.
- Apply DecoArt Texture Sand to the top of the gears and randomly around the canvas and allow to dry
- Paint the whole canvas with DecoArt Carbon Black Fluid Acrylic and dry with a heat tool or allow to dry naturally.
- Spray the canvas with Carbon Black Mister, to cover any remaining white areas and dry with a heat tool.
- Dry brush with Titanium White Fluid Acrylic.
- Add a small amount of Phthalo Turquoise to a paint pallette and add water to create a wash and then paint the wash over the canvas but not around the central area, dry with a heat tool.
- Add a small amount of Quinacridone Gold to a paint pallette and add water to create a wash and then apply the wash randomly over the canvas, trying not to cover up all the Phthalo Turquoise areas. Dry with a heat tool.
- Add a small drop of Quinacrindone Gold Fluid Acrylic to a non-stick craft sheet and pick up a tiny amount of paint on the edge of a paintbrush and apply around the canvas, to give a further depth of colour to the washes. Dry with a heat tool. Repeat this process adding layers of colour until you are happy with the depth. I tend to use a flat brush and use a dabbing motion to apply the neat Quinacridone Gold.
- Apply a dirty wash (Quinacridone Gold, Paynes Gray and Ultra-Matte Varnish) over the whole of the canvas.
- Apply IndigoBlu Flitter glue randomly around the canvas and allow the glue to turn clear (this then means that any flakes can then be applied). Add Chocolate Box Mega-Flake to the areas where the glue has been applied. Press the Mega-Flake with your fingers to make good contact and then rub over the areas with scoochy foam to remove the excess flakes.
- Apply a coat of Ultra-Matte Varnish once the canvas is completely finished.
Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 30 which this time around is Faux Cracked Glass. The technique is on page 54 of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities Book Volume lll.The Funkie Junkie Boutique is the fabulous sponsor this time around. I had a couple of vintage monocles and decided to use both in my piece and I applied the technique to the monocle and also to one of Tim's Tiny Vials.
Craft Stamper Take It Make It June Challenge which this month is all about TEXTURE. I am also entering this piece into the Mixed Media World Challenge which this time around is Masculine/Father's Day.
Anything But Cute Challenge, run by the wonderful Pamellia, where the theme is "Make it Masculine".
Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the step by steps for my mixed media canvas. Tracy x x