Thursday 14 January 2016

Christmas Robins

Morning and welcome, today I have my weekly post for Artistic Outpost, showcasing the fabulous Birds of A Feather stamp set.
I created a masterboard/mixed media background to showcase the fabulous Robins from the Birds of A Feather stamp set. I began by spritzing white card with water and then brayering the card lightly with Broken China Distress Paint. I then applied touches of Salty Ocean followed by Dusty Concord Distress Paint and then dried with a heat tool.
I added a few scratchy paint lines with an old credit card and then stamped the Robin onto the background. I created a mask of the Robin and then stamped him a second time. I stamped the Robins onto separate pieces of white card and then adhered to the base imagery to add dimension.
I die cut the Christmas Sentiment from card coloured with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and added 'Robin' from the Birds of A Feather stamp set, stamped onto a piece of the mixed media background I created. I also added die cut snowflakes for added interest and dimension, adding a metal pewter snowflake to the top.
Stencilled stars have been added to the background along with some delicate splatters of Picket Fence Distress Paint.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


14 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

These birds and this gorgeous background are perfect, Tracy! What a lovely winter card. Hugs, Autumn

rachel said...

this is brilliant Tracy. I love it. gorgeous masterboard and tbe birds are beaitiful xx

Rita said...

Love your beautiful card Tracy. The background is gorgeous too. Trying hard to catch up. Hugs Rita xxxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Lovely card Tracy, great idea to put two birds next to each other! Lovely background too!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Tracy!! This card has such a soft, serene feel to it. The beautiful blended background, the muted metallic snowflakes and those beautiful overlapping birds. Wowzers, I just love it! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Love this, Tracy!! :) XOXO-Shari

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful background you created Tracy - love the layered birds in the black! Julia xx

Anke said...

Wonderful card, Tracy.

Terry said...

Tracy, I love that color combination and the sweet birds are wonderful! Happy Sunday!

Kelley Holland said...

Tracy, this is an awesome card! I really like the background so much. Very cool!!!

A Pink said...

Lovely colour palette ! Tracy YOur feathered friends look very st home with it . Great idea too to create one a week - going on last year it may be a good idea if I followed your lead x

Words and Pictures said...

These colours work so beautifully with the birds too - love the simplicity of the b&w stamped image.
Alison xx

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous Holiday card with the gorgeous background and those lovely birds!

Brenda Brown said...

A delightful card with wonderful colours. The double stamping of the birds creates real impact. Love it.
hugs Brenda xxx