Thursday 28 January 2016

Go Together

Time for my weekly Thursday post for Artistic Outpost and this week I am showcasing the Think and Wonder stamp set.
I began by brayering the background of a piece of white card with Hey Pesto and Autumn Fire Fresco Finish Paints, using a light touch with the brayer so that some of the white card is still visible.
I stamped the focal image with Black Archival Ink and then added a circle of paint to spotlight the girls.
I added a further layer of interest applying Fern Green Archival Ink over a Layering Stencil to echo the lettering in the focal image.
The "Go Together" sentiment is from the Chalkboard Wisdom stamp set. I also added delicate splatters of paint for further interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

10 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Love this card - just the perfect amount of technique. Fantastic composition and colors.

Unknown said...

Love this Tracy, wowser idea to frame the kids image with the circle like that!

Words and Pictures said...

Great use of the contrasting colours - always love that stamp!
Alison xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ! Love that background and the circle really makes the girls stand out !
Corrie xxx

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Tracy! I love the letters in the background, and the way you stamped the ring around your children to draw the eye to the focal image...just amazing!! Great colours too. hugs :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love the pink and green, and love the arrangement of the images. So cool and wonderful!

Brenda Brown said...

Love these stamps and how you have used them. Fabulous colours.
hugs Brenda xxx

Redanne said...

Every time you use that stamp, I wonder why I don't use it more often... Your card is a real beauty Tracy! Hugs, Anne xx

Deb said...

Gorgeous brayered background Tracy, and what a sweet stamp! Deb xo

Barbara said...

Love this card! Your use of stamp is fabulous and the background is amazing! Barbara