Thursday 12 May 2016

The Game of Golf

Today I am showcasing The Golf Club stamp set from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I love this stamp set for masculine designs.

I began by applying Peeled Paint Distress Ink to a piece of plastic packaging, spritzing with water and then pressing the ink onto the background and drying with a heat tool. I then applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to Tim Holtz Stripes Stencil; simply press the inkpad directly onto the stencil and then spritz with water. Press the stencil onto the background, pressing on the back with a piece of kitchen towel and then remove the stencil and dry with a heat tool.
I also added a touch of random background stamping using the Ephemera Background stamp and Potting Soil Archival Ink. I then stamped the golfer with Black Archiva Ink onto the background. I created a mask of the golfer, placed the mask onto the stamped image and them stamped the image once again with Black ink. I used an old lid, applied DecoArt Burnt Umber Fluid Acrylic to the lid with my finger and then stamped the lid over the focal imagery.
I used a mix of the stamps to add Golf, Club, Ball to the background; drew around each word with a Stabilo All pencil and then smudged with a water brush. I also added the Live, Laugh, Play sentiment with Black Archival Ink. To add a further layer of interest I added splatters of Burnt Umber paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



11 comments:

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Tracy! Great job with the masking, and your background is so amazing! Love the colours, perfect for a masculine card. hugs :)

Tina Theis of Ivory Moon Designs said...

Awesome card Tracy ... I love the colours you have used and the background is just stunning ....move it
Tina xxxx

Artmadnana said...

It's absolutely fabulous. Great tips and techniques. Gorgeous, clever card. Love it.

Words and Pictures said...

What a terrific card - brilliant stamp placement, and I love that background.
Alison x

Redanne said...

I just LOVE that Golf stamp and your background is just stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous masculine card Tracy, the double stamped image provides a very strong focal point and I love the distressed background. Xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

I love this card , gorgeous background too x hugs x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Wonderful card...I LOVE the artsy feel, and those images are great!

A Pink said...

Fabulous ! Tracy Love the background , colours and sharp focal imagery Great design and layout . This stamp set keeps tempting me to splash the cash . With so many golfers in the family it would be ideal....
hugs x

hazel said...

A wonderful card Tracy, I love the background - the colours are fab.
xxx Hazel.

Unknown said...

If this were on a card rack - it would be a best seller Tracy! It's HANDSOMELY FABULOUS! Love how you did the background. Xj.