Tuesday 3 May 2016

Twist and Style!

Today I am showcasing Eileen Hull's Twist and Style Tool combined with Eileen's Canister Die. You can see a full video HERE from Eileen with step by steps for using her fabulous new tool released this spring.
I used rusty wire with my Twist and Style tool to create flowers for my Canister.
I began by die cutting the elements for my Canister from thick black card.
Die cut two pieces for the body of the Canister and adhere together using the tab shown above.
Once completely dry you can then adhere the two ends together to create the Canister. I always work with it flat at this stage to add decoration to each panel.
I used a Gelli print I had made earlier and cut to fit each panel of the Canister.
I used a Tim Holtz Layering stencil along with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to add a further layer of detail to each panel.
I then used the Twist and Style Tool to create my flowers and flower stems and then stapled into place using the Tiny Attacher.
From this picture you can see I doubled my wire and then twisted to create a good sturdy centre piece for the flower head.
Each of the decorated panels were then added to the Canister. I decided to create a daisy type flower; reminding me of when I was young and played Loves me? Loves me not?
I drew the petals of the flower onto book pages from an old Alice in Wonderland book to give further interest to my design.
I also included scratchy paint lines using an old credit card along with Black Soot Distress Paint.
I also included some paint splatters to each of the panels.
The top also has a decorated panel along with a rusty circle of wire to echo the wire shapes around the Canister.
From this picture you can see all the layers to the design.
All these petals were cut randomly but I love how I have captured the words grow, grass, gardeners, caterpillar and mushroom on each of the petals; perfect touch I thought for a flower!
I love the PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints Bubble Gum and Zesty Zing combined together on the Gelli Plate they give a real pop of colour against the black backdrop.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x



14 comments:

crafting maria said...

lovely Tracy, lots of hugs maria xxxxx

Redanne said...

The canister is beautiful with those wonderful Gelli plate panels and the flowers you created with Eileen's twist tool look fabulous in the rusty wire. The word petals are such a lovely touch too. A really beautiful make Tracy! Hugs, Anne xx

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! I love your twisted wire and how you used it for the handle and flowers. The flower petals dropping with the sentiment is so clever and pretty!

Pamellia said...

Fabulous project Tracy! Your backgrounds are just beautiful, and I so love the way the petals are falling off in keeping with the sentiment!! Just wonderful!! hugs :)

Nan G said...

Fabulous canister, Tracy! Love your twisty flower centers! I'm hoping this new tool from Ellen will be easy for me to work with my hand issues. Hugs

A Pink said...

Lovely! Tracy and such a great way to use the twist tool to create the flowers . Love them . Might have to look into this tool a little more as it maybe for me as I have dexterity problems and weak wrists .
hugs x

eileen hull said...

Tracy you always have such a cool spin on using materials! I love how you twisted the flower center- the rusty wire is a great touch. I love the gelli printed background too and such cute petals for the flower! Beautiful!

Corrie Herriman said...

That's so lovely ! And my favourite yummy colours !
Corrie xxx

Juliz Design Post said...

A wonderful project Tracy and your flowers are adorable, a great quirky touch.
Julie x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous canister Tracy and I love the warm colours and Daisy flowers. I remember playing that game too, what nostalgic memories and great you captured those garden words in the petals. You've also got me wanting to explore the new tool, must go take aloo at it. Xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Great backgrounds - and your twisty twine flowers are such fun!
Alison x

Deb said...

Wonderful Tracy, love the use of rusty wire for the fun twisty flowers and the gelli plate backgrounds set them off perfectly! Great tip to decorate the panels while the canister is flat too, thanks for sharing! Deb xo

Diana said...

Tracy this is gorgeous!!!! totally gorgeous!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful canister box Tracy! love the colors on your papers against the black mat board - and your spiral wire flowers are so fun! Julia xx