Thursday 9 June 2016

Reap What You Sow!

Today I am showcasing the fabulous Harvest stamp set from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I am back to the vintage muted tones today stamping my imagery on Kraft card; I love the look and feel of Kraft card with these images! I began by die cutting two different sized circles from scrap card and using the apertures as stencils. I placed the circular stencils over the Kraft card and then used a white Gelato to draw around the stencils. I removed the stencil and then smudged the Gelato with my finger.
I placed the stencil back over the circular areas and then stamped one circle with the boy image from the Harvest stamp set and stamped the second circular area with the Seed Packets Background stamp; both stamped with Potting Soil Archival Ink.
I add further white highlights, colouring some of the imagery with a white coloured pencil. I also added some random machine stitching for added interest and texture. Background stamping has been added using the stamps from the Grunge Elements stamp set.
Circular pieces of rusty wire have been stapled into place for added texture.
I have also added one of the sentiments from the Harvest set to the inside of my card.
Delicate splatters of Fresco Finish Snowflake paint add further interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


11 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

Awesomely creative as always Tracy! Creative Blessings, Tracy

Julia Aston said...

What a great card Tracy - love the kraft, brown and white - super stamps accented with the stitching and metal! Julia xx

A Pink said...

Lovely ! Tracy has a real organic feel . x

Sue said...

This is brilliant Tracy, such a 'natural' look, and Kraft and white always look wonderful together xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Outstanding!

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully rustic feel and brilliantly designed as always. Have a great weekend xxx

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Tracy! I love the images that you placed inside of the white circles, they almost looks like shadows of images, very soft and so vintage looking! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Ahhhh Tracy - this is unique and has such wonderful meaning too. The use of the white gelatos and pencil was such a super idea - totally made your creation PERFECT. To me... this is very very special. Xj.

Corrie Herriman said...

Love kraft, love circles ! Perfection !
Corrie x

Words and Pictures said...

Simply brilliant - love the circles to frame the images, love the circles just as splats and love the circle as rusty wire!
Alison x

Barbara said...

I adore this piece Tracy !!! It makes me think of being right in the middle of a dream, floating and ethereal! Really stunning! Barbara