Thursday 11 August 2016

The most important shot in golf........

Today I have a masculine card for you for my weekly post for Artistic Outpost. I am using The Golf Club stamp set this time around, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.
I die cut a circle from a scrap of card and then placed the circle onto a piece of white card, holding in place with a piece of low tack tape. I then inked Tim Holtz Stripes Layering Stencil with Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint Distress Ink, spritzed the stencil with water and then lay the stencil over the card, dabbing with a piece of kitchen towel. I then removed the stencil and dried with a heat tool and then removed the circular mask.
I added a touch of colour to the inside circular aperture using Peeled Paint Distress Ink; applying the ink to a piece of recycled plastic packaging, spritzing with water and then dabbing the ink into the circular area and then drying with a heat tool. I also added a touch of background stamping using the Ephemera Backgrounds stamp set. To highlight the circle further I draw around with a Stabilo All pencil and smudged with a waterbrush.
I stamped the golfer into the circle and added the sentiment, colouring the edges of the sentiment with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
I stamped Live, Laugh, Play to the top of the circle to complete my design.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

7 comments:

A Pink said...

Fab card! Tracy. The inner circle detail works so well with the effective stenciling and imagery. If I didn't know otherwise I would have thought the ephemera background stamp was infact a golfers scorecard- clever touch !
hugs x

Pamellia said...

Wonderful card Tracy. Love that sentiment/quote, such a perfect fit for your theme. hugs :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! Love the aperture effect.

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous !
Corrie x

Redanne said...

Wonderful use of the stamp Tracy and I just love the stripey background! Hugs, Anne xx

Julia Aston said...

wonderful inking on the stencil background Tracy - this looks so dimensional with that circle - I thought you layered it over - but see you just masked and then stamped and outlined - a great golf card for the guys! Juli xx

Deb said...

Wonderful Tracy, love how the masked circle focuses the eye on that great stamp and sentiment! Deb xo