Wednesday 28 September 2016

Just For Fun!

I created a canvas today just for fun using Seth Apter's dies combined with Tim Holtz stamps.
I used Tim Holtz Undertaker stamp set as my focal images.
I began by brayering Hey Pesto Fresco Finish Paint across my canvas, using a light touch and then drying with  my heat tool.
The next layer was Beach Hut Fresco Finish Paint and again dried with a heat tool.
Next was a thin layer of  Taupe and then Chartreuse Fresco Finish Paints, again drying each layer of paint before applying the next layer. I then added a top coat of Cheescake to lighten a little.
I also added Chartreuse paint around the edges using my finger.
Touches of Beach Hut added to give subtle hints across the top, applying with my finger and then dried with a heat tool.
I added two colours of Fresco Finish Paint to two pieces of scrap card and then pressed them together and then dried with my heat tool.
I love the texture this gives when the card is pressed together. I also heated with my heat tool to create a few bubbles.
I then used Seth Apter's die to die cut from the coloured pieces of card.
Touches of rust have been added to the edges of the die cut pieces as a contrast against the background. I also added stencilling using Tim Holtz stencil and Quinacridone Gold DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Paint.
I applied Black Soot Distress Crayon around the edges of the canvas and around the edges of the die cut pieces.
Splatters of Titanium White paint lift the whole design.
Touches of background stamping with Black Archival Ink and Tim's stamps along with Jump Rings for added texture.
I then added the skull images as my focal imagery, keeping one image white with no colour as a contrast. I love how all the layers of paint are still visible within the design!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


10 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Love it Tracy ! Great colours, textures, great everything !
Corrie x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous project Trace, wow, great techniques with super results!

Jenny Marples said...

Brilliant design Tracy! Love the 'squashed' paint papers you've used for the die cuts and the inclusion of the skeletons on that layered background xx

Beverly Gray said...

Awesome work!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous use of those stamps and dies Tracy and I love the painty layers and design xxx

Lesley said...

Fab to see you creating for fun honey!xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Just for fun and so fun too! LOVE your background, and love how that skull fits perfectly in Seth's image! Great make!

Redanne said...

Wow, wow, wow Tracy, this is beyond fabulous! I love the gorgeous colours, the wonderful Undertaker stamp and those Seth dies are super (on my never ending wish list!). Love, love, love this!! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracy Welham said...

Awesomely grungy, love it! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

A Pink said...

Fabulous! Tracy Loved watching how this developed with all those layers of gorgeous colour. Great use of the dies and stamps too . Hugs x