Tuesday 8 November 2016

Eileen Hull Collaborates with DCWV

For the month of November the Eileen Hull Design Team and DCWV are collaborating with a month long blog hop. This is my second piece using the fabulous papers from DCWV.
This time around I have opted for a Christmas Card with a mixed media feel.
I cut a piece of the paper from the Cranberry Christmas Stack to fit my card front and then embossed with Eileen Hull's Waffle Embossing Folder.
I rubbed over the embossed area with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to highlight the wonderful texture.
I then applied DecoArt Media Crackle Paste over a bauble stencil and allowed to dry naturally.
PaperArtsy Sunset Beach Infusions were then applied to the top of the bauble and then spritzed with water to activate. I allowed the ink to sit for a few moments and then dried with my heat tool.
I also applied some Chocolate Box Mega Flakes over the top of the bauble to give a metallic touch to the design.
I die cut two star pennants from white card using Eileen Hull's Banners and Pennants Thinlits Die and then coloured them with more of the Infusions.
I applied DecoArt Metallic Lustre over the raised areas using my finger again to add more metallic touches to the design. I also added delicate splatters of Tarnished Brass Distress Paint to the background and then dried with my heat tool.
To complete, I added a december 25 Small Talk Sticker and layered the design onto another piece of the Cranberry Christmas Paper Stack.



Thanks so much for stopping by; I hope you are enjoing our month long hop. Tracy x







12 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Tracy ... this is stunning. I love the crackled bauble and the color process. It's so amazing. Love this card. Mary Elizabeth

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card Tracy and your ornament is glorious, love it xxx

brenda said...

So very pretty, both the image and crackle design are lovely .

B x

Juliz Design Post said...

Such cool techniques Tracy and I love the results.
Julie x

Sue said...

This is yummy Tracy, the bauble is stunning! xx

Redanne said...

Wow, wow and wow again Tracy!! I love the embossed background and that bauble is just stunning - the mega flakes give such a wonderful festive feel - you have given me a great idea for Christmas cards this year now - thanks, as always, for your wonderful inspiration! Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Tracy! Love the look of those mega flakes, really adds a touch of Christmas sparkle and your ornament is wonderfully textured and festive! Fabulous holiday card. hugs :)

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic project Tracy! The crackle effect looks incredible. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Deb said...

Gorgeous Tracy, the texture and colours on your bauble are amazing, thank you for sharing your beautiful card! Deb xo

Barbara said...

I can't be able to comment on all your works! They are one more beautiful than the other! This is no exception!Fantastic design and fab tutorial!Love the textures you've created! Barbara

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic texture on your ornament! Beautiful!

Jean Bullock said...

This is beautiful. The detail in the ornament is fabulous.