Thursday 13 July 2017

Shine

Today my post showcases products from IndigoBlu.
I painted my frame with IndigoBlu Pantry White and Townhouse Teal acrylic paints. I mixed them together to give me a slightly lighter tone. I then applied touches of Ripe Persimmon Distress Paint over the frame, applying with my finger and using only the smallest amount of paint.
I cut a piece of card to fit my frame and then stamped the lightbulb from the Shine Bright Stamp set with Black Archival Ink. I then created a mask and stamped the background stamps with Archival Inks Saffron and Vermillion, adding both inks to the stamps. The background stamps from this set are so versatile and could also be used on their own.
I stamped the bulb twice more onto white card, blended Ripe Persimmon around the edges and then adhered on top of the first stamped image. I then stamped the bulb for a third time and coloured with Distress Inks Ripe Persimmon and Fired Brick. I applied the Inks to a piece of acetate and then sptritzed with water and them smooshed the ink onto the bulb and then dried with a heat tool. I then applied several layers of clear embossing powder onto the top of the bulb and then placed the cut out piece into the fridge. I then removed from the fridge and bent the bulb to create cracks.
You can see the cracks more clearly from this picture. I rubbed over the top of the the clear embossing powder with Potting Soil Archival Ink to remove some of the shine. I also added the wording 'shine' to the top of the bulb again from the same stamp set.
I added some cotton threads behind the bulb for added texture. Having three layers to the bulb gives wonderful dimension to the piece. I painted some of Tim Holtz Typography Letters with Ripe Persimmon Distress Paint and adhered to the frame. Black Chatter Design Tape has also been added behind for some contrast. I also included an Idea-ology Gear and an old vintage penn nib.
I had some bulbs in my stash which I coloured with Rust Alcohol Ink and I also wrapped some rusty wire around each for added texture. The number stamp in the background is also from the IndigoBlu stamp set, one I will use manu times.
Delicate splatters of paint and two of Tim Holtz Index Clips complete my piece.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x


11 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

OMG Gorgeous! I love this Tracy :) x

Maxine Jones said...

It's amazing Tracy!! I love it! X

Caroline said...

Had to visit, Tracy (Caroline from fb). I think it's even more amazing now I know how you created it. The lightbulb techniques are incredible (putting it in fridge is inspired!)
You know I like every part, I wish I could do something of this ilk. Brilliant job!😀

Lisa H said...

fabulous as always Tracy!! luv it!

Carol said...

YUMMY - love all the elements of this project xxx

Sue said...

Tracy this is amazing, I love your light bulb and your signature rusty wire! Have a fun weekend xx

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my Tracy this is absolutely delightful, pinning so I can come back to it again and again xxx

Julia Aston said...

What a great collage inside your frame Tracy - love the crackled layered lightbulb - your color choices and overall design - quite pleasing to the eye! Julia xx

Words and Pictures said...

This is an absolute stunner - the colours, the bulbs (2D and 3D), fabulous layered stamping. And I really love that gentle duck egg contrasting colour on the frame and those tiny echoing splatters - brilliantly done. So cool how you used the picture hooks as a feature too. May be a new favourite for me...
Alison x

Paula Whittaker said...

Another amazing piece - you blow my mind with your creative makes.

A Pink said...

Absolutely fabulous! Tracy . Love everything about this - it really does Shine inn every sense of the word .
hugs x