Wednesday 2 August 2017

Christmas Star

I had a couple of hours spare from deadlines yesterday and lots of Christmas products on my desk so I thought I would take the opportunity to make a couple of Christmas Cards for my collection.
I decided on a star theme this time around adding layers to the background using Tim Holtz stencils and stamps. I coloured the star with Distress Oxides Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio.
I love adding layers to my designs so I still wanted to achieve the same with my Christmas cards, but trying to keep them simple enough to make a few in a short amount of time.
I added a touch of stencilling outside the star and added a touch of Texture Paste to Santa's coat and hat etc.
I added a couple of Star Adornments for added dimension.
I then created a couple of cards using the Baubles from the same stamp set, stamping the focal image with Cornflower Blue Archival Ink.
I added a touch of stencilling to the inside of the card for an added little detail.
I added a touch of dimension to the centre bauble by stamping twice and added some delicate splatters of white paint for that snowy feel.
Once again Adornments Star embellishments have been added for further interest.
That's a couple of cards now made for my collection later in the year, now to think of another design!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

10 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great idea, these look fab
Love
Amanda x

Redanne said...

The star is such a lovely idea for Christmas and I love how you 'layered up'the elements. Adding texture paste to Santa really makes him stand out and the little added stars was such a great idea! Hugs, Anne xx

Jackie PN said...

These are just lovely Tracy!! (even though Christmas and cold are the furthest from my mind!)
hugs,Jackie

Sue said...

These are fabulous Tracy, and what perfect colours for Christmas xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Thesent look wonderful! Love Santa's outfit! Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Thesent look wonderful! Love Santa's outfit! Chrisx

Pamellia said...

These are so beautiful Tracy! I love the soft aqua tones for a holiday card, so frosty and festive! The baubles are lovely, but I admit I do love a Santa image on a Christmas card! The metallic stars are a great addition, tying your theme all together! Wonderful designs! Hope all is well with you, sending hugs :)

Julia Aston said...

Love your big star, the green and the wonderful images you used on these delightful Christmas cards! Julia xx

Mia said...

What a beautiful card, Tracey! I love the big star and the colours! Kisses, my friend.

A Pink said...

These are fab! Tracy Love the colour palette and the Santa one rally caught my eye - but then I'm always sold on a traditional Santa for Christmas ;) x